Channel 7: Advantages of Fall Planting
Many people think that the only time to plant trees, shrubs, and perennials is in the Spring and Summer here in Colorado. Fall is one of the best times to install new plants! There are many advantages of landscaping in the fall.
- Nurseries and Garden Centers offer discounted pricing
- Cooler temperatures reduce transplant shock from Summer heat
- Soil temperatures remain warm and help plant roots to grow even when air is cold
- You can find plants that have Fall color because they’re showing their colors
- Plants will be ready to thrive next Spring because their root systems are already in place
Important tip: Mulching and winter watering will help get the new plant material established
Phil will have many plants on display that will show great Fall color!
Some plants that have great Fall color are:
- Autumn Blaze Maple
- October Glory Maple
- Autumn Purple Ash
- Princess Kay Plum
- Staghorn Sumac
- Burning Bush
- Autumn Joy Sedum
- Fall Aster
- Boston Ivy
- Virginia Creeper
- Ornamental Grasses – great texture!
This entry was posted in Lawn & Garden Care