Residential Landscape Foreman
Residential Landscape Foreman
15440 East Fremont Drive
Centennial, Colorado 80112
Employment Type: FULL_TIMEFull Time
As a residential landscape foreman, you will assist the project manager and landscape designer in planning, managing and supervising project operations to produce a quality build which is both under budget and completed on time; while also performing the actual installation tasks. Snow removal operations are required.
Referral Bonus Program
How to Qualify:
- Refer a Landscape Technician or Foreman.
- They must put your name on our Employment Application.
- They must work 200 hours.
- Once the hours are worked, receive a one time $200 bonus per landscape technician or a one time bonus of $500 per foreman you refer and is hired.
- Walk through the project with landscape designer and project manager to discuss design, plant layout, and possible change orders.
- Coordinate with the landscape designer to determine the required crew size, materials (irrigation, rock, plant material, sod, mulch, etc.) and equipment necessary to start the project and to maintain the project efficiency.
- Set irrigation clock.
- Run irrigation system before installing mulch.
- Direct the work of the crew as required to meet the goals established by the landscape designer while performing the work of a crew member.
- Responsible for training landscape technicians and lead(s) in respect to various landscape tasks.
- Assist in monitoring the labor cost analysis weekly, and recommend any changes required to stay within budget.
- Warranty work – respond to requests to repair/replace plant materials that have not met quality standards.
- Do final walk-thru with homeowner if requested by the project manager.
- Recommend to the project manager any performance concerns of a crew member. The project manger will conduct any appropriate disciplinary action if necessary (First warning to crew member is the responsibility of the foreman).
Materials and Equipment
- Follow maintenance procedures for each piece of equipment operated. Check all fluid levels to assure they are at the required levels prior to operating any piece of equipment. Fill only with specified fluids.
- Ensure proper use of equipment by understanding, communicating and directing the crew on the proper use of equipment, its capabilities and limitations (specifically use, weight and volume limitations).
- Know the skill level of each operator to determine if they are qualified to operate specific equipment.
- Coordinate materials ordering with project manager.
- Complete and submit timesheets by the established deadline of Monday at noon to project manager.
- Turn in job folders upon completion with T&M hours, extra job notes.
- Submit invoices and manual check receipts in a timely manner.
- Complete daily Driver Inspection Report (DIR) and turn in on Fridays.
- Utilize Purchase Orders (PO's).
- Prepare irrigation zone list for each project.
- Maintain project folder.
- Communicate with project manager on daily basis of project status.
- Distribute paychecks weekly.
- Maintain safety standards on-site by verifying that each employee knows the safety practices required by their position, conducting daily safety inspections of the project site and immediately reporting any hazards to the project manager, and constantly watching for safety problems. Immediately report any employee injury to the project manager.
- Perform weekly safety tailgate meetings.
- During winter months when landscaping projects are no longer scheduled, must be available 24/7 to assist in removing snow from various industrial and residential properties and complete.
- Complete snow removal logs.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) or more years of experience in landscaping or related field preferred.
- Must have valid driver license and clean MVR.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of construction techniques.
- The ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction safety practices.
- Landscape Industry Certified Technician (LICT) and Commercial Driver’s License helpful.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the limitations of the specific types of construction equipment.
- Must possess excellent people skills and demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Develop and maintain open, two-way communication with all team members.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative to improve efficiencies.
- Builds a strong sense of team work with co-workers.
- Displays a positive attitude and is courteous to others.
- Professional in appearance and presentation.
- Assists in promoting the company to the public in a positive manner.
- Takes pride in the work performed.
- Accepts the initiative to take on additional work if necessary.
- Listens well and follows directions provided.
- Shows integrity and consistency in all aspects of performing the job.
- Attends and actively participates in all necessary meetings.
- Follows “6 Ways to Measure the Success of Any Project” by Ilya Pozin.
- Understands the estimate and philosophy behind Vander Kooi.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Lifting (# of lbs)
Moderately undesirable working conditions. (i.e. occasional exposure to significant levels of temperature, air pollution, noise pollution, chemical gases and substances; physical trauma conditions of a minor nature such as cuts, bruises and minor burns). The work schedule varies depending on the weather. The position is required to work weekends (Saturday) or late at night. The crew should be flexible with availability depending on the needs of the customers.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to
give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of is/her position. As the nature of business demands
change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.