Commercial Project Administrator
Commercial Project Administrator
15440 East Fremont Drive
Centennial, Colorado 80112
Employment Type: FULL_TIMEFull Time
We are looking for an individual that is motivated, dependable and enthusiastic to assist with processes and procedures for our Commercial Landscape Construction Team. This is a great opportunity for someone that is organized with great communication skills. The ideal candidate would be capable of working in Excel, Microsoft Office and Outlook and comfortable working with multiple computer applications.
This role performs administrative tasks required in preparation of routine correspondence, invoicing, and reports. May compile special periodic reports and compose non- routine correspondence. Typically involves some project work. Requires general understanding of the company’s procedures and operations. Possesses detailed knowledge of the various teams’ operations, as well as a generalized knowledge of Residential and Maintenance Teams. Has considerable knowledge in construction. Performs advanced computer applications including spreadsheets and industry specific programs.
- Respond to customer calls and provide timely follow-up.
- Accounts payable - prepare invoices/pay applications through Sage Paperless, verify cost details, tax rates, misc. items not authorized for purchase, etc.
- Accounts receivable - Prepare Pay Application billings in a timely manner.
- Work in process - Maintain team stats to aid team manager's monthly WIP to ensure timely client billings, invoices, and process subcontractors pay applications each month.
- Distribute and collect contracts of subcontractors and vendors.
- Apply for tax applications, permit applications and terminations.
- Update project logs weekly.
- Ensure that contractor and subcontractor licenses and insurance certifications are current and forward to Accounts Receivable.
- Ensure subcontractors Part I and II contracts are received and Part I is forwarded to Accounts Receivable.
- Process change orders.
- Track costs, time and resources for each job.
- Create Work Orders.
- Create Purchase Orders.
- Complete, log and file Driver Inspection Reports (DIR's).
Project Management Support
- Order and track site furnishings and playground equipment.
- Set up project folders with plans, bids, contracts, etc.
- Verify site furnishings, playground equipment with vendors to ensure materials are ordered, shipped and delivered.
- Process Change Orders.
- Prepare Requests For Information (RFI).
Education and Experience
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- 4-5 years of administrative experience.
- One (1) year of accounting experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Bilingual a plus
- Must be organized and able to multi-task.
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Develop and maintain open, two-way communication with all team members.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative to improve processes.
- Builds a strong sense of team work with co-workers.
- Displays a positive attitude and is courteous to others.
- Professional in appearance and presentation.
- Takes pride in the work performed.
- Accepts the initiative to take on additional work if necessary.
- Listens well and follows directions provided.
- Shows integrity and consistency in all aspects of performing the job.
- Attends and actively participates in meetings.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is generally sedentary, with no specific need for physical coordination or effort. May require physical effort associated with using the computer to access information, occasional standing, walking, and lifting may be needed to carry out everyday activities.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. General office environment can be expected. Some stress may occur, especially during periods of heavy phone or walk-in traffic. No special physical demands required.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of is/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.